About The Carpe Diem Couple
[separator top=”40″ style=”none”]
[dropcap]G[/dropcap]rowing up on Long Island, NY, expectations were made very clear…go to college, find a job, get married, buy a house, and have kids…thus ensuring the cycle continues indefinitely.
That was the path we were on until we realized that we were not living the lives we wanted. We had the most important things already…we had each other and the belief that the meaning of life is to give life meaning. We broke that cycle and made it our goal to seize every day and experience all that this world has to offer.
Now, we are here to help you do the same…
A few years ago, we packed up our life in New York City, left the rat race and 9-5 grind, and moved with Rocky (our Yorkshire Terrier) to St. John in the US Virgin Islands. St. John was so much more than we thought it could be – it taught us how amazing life can be if you take the time just enjoy it and do the things that make you happy – and we now have no plans to stop traveling and experiencing all that life has to offer.
Our mission as The Carpe Diem Couple is to seize every day, live life to the fullest. and help others do the same. We are here to help you do what we did and break the mold, follow your passions, and enjoy your life…after all, you only get one and it passes by pretty quick! We are sharing our experiences, lessons learned, money tips, travel stories, photos and videos, and helping to answer any questions that you may have.
Use the links above to get started or check out our Start Here page. You can always reach out via social media, making comments on our posts, or using our Contact page.
– Alisa and Mike Messeroff, The Carpe Diem Couple
[separator top=”20″ style=”none”]
[tagline_box backgroundcolor=”” shadow=”yes” shadowopacity=”1″ border=”1px” bordercolor=”” highlightposition=”top” link=”” linktarget=”_self” buttoncolor=”” button=”” title=”Fun Facts About Us” description=”
• We have been on “The Newlywed Game” TV show
• Alisa’s wanderlust was fueled by her Contiki trip around Europe when she was 21
• Mike, a 200 pound guy, has a 7 pound Yorkshire Terrier as a best friend
• Mike picked up his college diploma wearing a graduation cap that said Will Work For Beer
• Alisa was a finalist for Tourism Australia’s Best Job in the World – Outback Adventurer
• We drove over 9,000 miles in Australia
• Mike has tried over 1,000 different beers
• Believe it or not, Alisa was a very shy child. She only broke out of her shell during a French Exchange program in 5th grade
• Mike’s favorite singer is Billy Joel and he met Alisa at a Billy Joel cover band show at a local Long Island bar
• Just before our wedding in 2009, we were featured on LXTV’s show “I Do” ” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=””][/tagline_box]